Afirm financing

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An additional thing to keep in mind - borrowing money from a finance company (Afirm and others) no matter the amount, no matter the term, no matter if you pay on time or early will have a negative impact on your credit score. The credit bureaus view finance company loans as high risk lenders that are used often times when people are in a crunch or are making a purchase outside their means. Not saying anything bad against finance companies or anyone that uses them, I have at times used them if the deal was sweet enough - but be aware if you are a person that's working to build credit this can have the opposite effect you are working for.

Before anyone gets keyboard happy - I've been a loan officer for 22+ years, consumer lending, mortgages, construction and commercial lending. I've pulled literally thousands of credit reports. I don't know much in this world but what little I do know, I know well ;Clown lol. I've seen many first time borrowers come in to the bank who - thinking they've done the right things to build credit - are crushed when their scores come back low even when they've been making timely payments over a significant period of time to a finance company (because with limited credit history that's the only place that would approve them). Just be aware:). Knowledge=power.

In my opinion Afirm is not much better than a loan shark at 10-30% interest APR. It is disappointing that legitimate vendors are advertising them on their sites.

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you honestly think a person who cannot save money would be knowledgeable enough to make money in the stock market? Sure, say invest in an index/fund but that person isn’t going to know what that is. Also, while minimal, some savings accounts are in the 2.5-3% for a risk free rate of return.
Out of curiosity, can you point me towards those savings accounts offering 2.5-3% interest? I've got an Ally account giving me 1.9% but if there's an opportunity to have my money work a bit harder for me, I'd like to take it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%

Back