African Red Biscuit Star Eating Acans

  • Thread starter Thread starter richserpe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

richserpe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Messages
160
Reaction score
141
Location
Clark
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

My Red African Biscuits Star has been perched on an Acan colony in my tank for a couple of days. I ignored that and when I knocked him off today the Acan colony was almost gone. I was under the impression that these guys were reef safe and the Aussie Biscuit Stars weren’t. Has anyone else experienced this behavior before? He’s been in the tank for about 2 years and has always been a model citizen.



IMG_4762.jpeg
 
"Mmmm. Oranges!"

I have never kept starfish, but I have heard that some are not reef safe. I hope these recover after the attack.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new