After all these years, Office nano build!

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update on this tank that is long overdue. I've been fighting back some Hair algae that took hold while I've been spending my time working on setting up the sump room for the 135G. I didn't worry about water changes and such because I'm only feeding every few days since I don't have fish, but apparently I still needed the regular water changes.

I'm winning the battle now, but there is still a little left:

IMG_4236.jpg

Whiskey

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some news, and some pictures!

First the news, this tank probably won't be around much longer. I just really, really hate the AIO setup, there's no room back there. The only Skimmer that fits does a very poor job, I don't have room for any mechanical filter media which means the waste builds up in the tank, but worse than that the 'Live Rock' I used is garbage. It's really more like "Rock inspired", when chipped apart it's clear that it's mostly something else that is not porous like live rock. I think that's been the cause of this tank's difficulty finding it's groove for so long. Add that to the fact that this setup was adapted to fit in a location it was never meant to and I'm left with a tank full of comprimises.

I happened across a broken 25G waterbox and that is probably my next adventure for the bedroom tank.
IMG_8664.jpg

That being said, the tank is still doing quite well. Here are some updated pics:
IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

Whiskey

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new tank that will replace this has been cycling for a couple months now, and it is starting to grow coralline. It's probably about ready to do a swap but I'm still not finished with the Bartop yet and cycling too long never hurt anyone. Here are some updated photos!

Front:
IMG_0425 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

My view as I fall asleep:
IMG_0431 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_0508 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_0512 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_0518 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

Whiskey

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I decided to move tanks before the bartop was complete just because I was running out of space. Here are the final pics of the 10G Cuby before it came down:
IMG_5072 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5076 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

You can continue following the life of these corals over on the 25G Waterbox Build.
Whiskey

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 52 44.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back