after an id if anyone could help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter warby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

warby

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2016
Messages
46
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as above had this sps for a while now it was a solid green blob which I thought about selling as I have very little room left then a few months back it started growing out and changing colour.
just wondering if anyone can help with an id?
7e27b0b2d2378ec0a922afe8f213babc.jpg
 
Yea looks nice! Not sure what it is I am not good with smooth skinned ids. I always keep any green smooth skinned pieces because they almost always color up and show nice colors.
I have one I have been growing for 3 years that I got from a friend that was maricultured when he got it. It’s been a brown blob for most of the time, showed me blue tips where new growth started at one point so I have kept it hoping it takes off at some point. It’s like a 5” colony that never took off and was grown from a nub so I am trying to get it going. My luck I would sell it and it would take off in the next tank and be beautiful.
 
Looks like a nice piece. Possibly A. Loripes or A. Rosaria
the bottom half says loripes but the new growth at the top says different [emoji2369]. might be one I'll have to wait for it to grow into a colony.
 
Yea looks nice! Not sure what it is I am not good with smooth skinned ids. I always keep any green smooth skinned pieces because they almost always color up and show nice colors.
I have one I have been growing for 3 years that I got from a friend that was maricultured when he got it. It’s been a brown blob for most of the time, showed me blue tips where new growth started at one point so I have kept it hoping it takes off at some point. It’s like a 5” colony that never took off and was grown from a nub so I am trying to get it going. My luck I would sell it and it would take off in the next tank and be beautiful.
I have done it with a few pieces some turn out good and some not so good. iv had this probably 18months now and only in the last 4/5months its grown and coloured.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new