Again

coral diver

Old and Wise
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
200
Reaction score
68
Location
National City, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys there in the South East ready for IKE, they say it might follow the path that Gustav took.
 
Ike seems to be a bad one! So far the projected path has changed over and over. Hopefully it dies down some before pounding across the Florida Keys.....

Good luck to all that is in its path!
 
i guess i should look at the weather channel just in case :) last i saw looks like we wont really get any of it.... hopefully
 
I do not know anything about hurricans. I was wondering if they find fish or coral or anything out of the ocean on land after its over? It seems like with a force like that there would be fish everywhere.
 
Their evacuating the coastal region of Texas and its a huge mess stay safe members out there.
 
The hurricanes don't pull stuff out of the water. Haha

Yea but they do cause flooding of seawater and when the water leaves you might just find fish! :biggrin: I know for sure sand is left behind.
 
still cat 2 but the surge are high and wave are about 20' to 30' wind is at 110mph
 
I was in the Keys about 2 years ago and noticed all of these crab pot floats in little coves near the shore line. I forgot what hurricane came thru before I arrived, but there were boats and debris all over the place. I wanted these floats, they were decorated to be seen by their original owner with all different colors and numbers. I thought they looked cool and had seen several bars and bait shops with them, so I ask my family " hey lets grab some of those!" We pulled over somewhere near Bahia Honda( my favorite) and I had on my Teva sandals and walked up to the shore line and what looked to be about three feet out was the first float. I took my first step and sank almost knee deep in a mass of dead sea life. What I thought was just some shallow debris, like mashed up seaweed was in fact dead and rotting sponges and gorgonians. I guess the hurricane ripped these guys out. I smelled horrible , but I got my floats and they hang from a tree in my front yard. I know it is way illegal to mess with crab traps, but these guys had no traps and the floats were just left to float forever. Reminds me of a Seinfield episode...I think that was Kramer and lobster traps.
I hope everyone is safe that lives out that way, having family from Florida I know all to well what these storms can do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new