Aggressive acro crab??

reefhoarder

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2016
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys. So I have had a anemone crab and a peppermint shrimp in my tank for about 2 weeks now and a few days ago I bought 2 acro crabs. I did a lot of research and from what I've seen is that the acros are not aggressive like at all. (As far as I know/read).

However, I woke up this morning and saw that my anemone crab was missing a big claw and a few legs. He can still move though. Was just curious to as if the acros could have possibly done it? I am 99% sure that my peppermint wouldn't do such a thing considering he is always friendly and usually chills on the other side of the tank.

Any help??
 
He may have gotten to close to a colony the Trapezia was hosting. They will protect their colony from friend or foe. Mine even chase away my wrasses who could easily make a meal of him. They do have powerful claws.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new