AI Hydra 26 LED newbie question

Aggie1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Peninsula 500 - 48"L X 24"H X 24 " W. It came with 3 AI Hydra 26 LED's. I plan to have a mixed reef setup. From following several websites I see a lot of conversations about downloading and applying different setting eg. Pirate, etc. What/how does one do this (I am a tech dummy)? Or is it necessary? Watching the BRS videos I have simply applied the following:

UV - 99%
Violet -99%
Royal Blue - 104%
Blue - 104%
Green - 9%
Deep red - 9%
Clear White - 5%

I have set the period at 12 hrs/day . Is this a good starting point?

OP
OP
Aggie1978

Aggie1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has to be at least one AI user that can answer this?
Thank you, funny how some posts get a ton of replies and others crickets! I would think this is a common question among newbies. I've spent a lot of time here over the past 2 or 3 months. I am betting that the best thing for me to do is start out at a general recommendation and then tinker and adjust while observing the corals reactions over time, especially how every tank and set-up is so different. But to start I'm looking for that general recommendation starting point.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an iPhone you can save the settings on your iPhone and add them through the AI App. Easy to do but hard to explain. I believe you save the setting to Dropbox and then install on the My AI app. I’m not the most tech savvy person either. Lots of YouTube videos. I have been running a modified AB+ schedule on my one hydra and so far tank looks good (32 cube) As far as my other tank (40 breeder) I’m running 3 Primes using a modified Saxby setting. There are plenty out there especially if your on FB which I am not. Just try what peaks your interest and monitor your tank. I see a lot of people running high UV like you are amd from what I see is too much UV is not good for coral. I only run my UV at about 35%. If you google it there is an explanation how to do it. I tried attaching file but it didn’t work

Last edited:

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an iPhone you can save the settings on your iPhone and add them through the AI App. Easy to do but hard to explain. I believe you save the setting to Dropbox and then install on the My AI app. I’m not the most tech savvy person either. Lots of YouTube videos. I have been running a modified AB+ schedule on my one hydra and so far tank looks good (32 cube) As far as my other tank (40 breeder) I’m running 3 Primes using a modified Saxby setting. There are plenty out there especially if your on FB which I am not. Just try what peaks your interest and monitor your tank. I see a lot of people running high UV like you are amd from what I see is too much UV is not good for coral. I only run my UV at about 35%. If you google it there is an explanation how to do it. I tried attaching file but it didn’t work
It's nice getting help from an expert!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back