AI Hydra 52 HD power brick

TheShepherdTrio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a new to us 210 gallon tank delivered to the house today. In addition to the tank, we purchased 3 AI Hydra 52 HD lights with it. We went to set everything up tonight and realized that one of the power bricks is totally dead. Now I plan on complaining to the LFS we purchased it from about it but I doubt they’ll do anything since “technically” we probably should have checked that things worked before now but at the same time we were waiting on them to deliver the tank. We did test the light to make sure it worked originally but never thought to test the power brick.

We’ve already sunk a good amount of money into this tank and really don’t want to shell out another $80+ on a new brick IF we don’t have to. So I was wondering if there were any alternatives to the brick?

This is the part I’m referring to
8A60F385-D53C-46B2-9B2F-DFC52BFA76E6.jpeg

Ryan3313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these used lights? If not are they under warranty through Ai? If they are used or out of warranty I would probably just spend the 80 dollars for price of mind. I would say something to the lfs were you bought them though maybe the could help out some way.

OP
OP
TheShepherdTrio

TheShepherdTrio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these used lights? If not are they under warranty through Ai? If they are used or out of warranty I would probably just spend the 80 dollars for price of mind. I would say something to the lfs were you bought them though maybe the could help out some way.
They are used, so I have a feeling I’m just SOL and will likely be spending the $80 some odd bucks on a new power supply. I’m hoping the LFS will help out but I’m also not expecting them to either since all sales are final on used equipment. Which in hindsight we really should have checked to make sure everything worked before leaving the store but ya’know things happen and you live and learn.

I did reach out to AI to see if they could offer any help so I’m waiting to hear back from them as well. If they have no options for us and the LFS won’t do anything, then I’ll break down and order the replacement part.

7akata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping the LFS will help out but I’m also not expecting them to either since all sales are final on used equipment.
While I'm sure thats the case, this might be a cause for extra niceness. After all, I would expect them to check the stuff to make sure it worked before selling it to you. Maybe you can nicely ask for a concession after spending a decent chunk of money.

As a small business manager, making good on something that was 5% of a sale price is a great ROI, sure I lose out on pennies on the dollar, but a happy customer will be around a lot longer.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back