AI HYDRA ISSUES! - Won't stay on...

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 hydra 26s and as of yesterday they wont stay on. I have tried to reset them and still no luck.
The indicator lights stay on but I have to go into the MY AI app and just open the control and they will come on. After two or three minutes they go off again.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue or are all 3 lights going to need repair?

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's all 3 lights it's not the lights. I'm suspecting you have the AI26HD? Or is it the one with the ditector?

Check these things.

1. Check the time zone/ current time and where your ramp up starts.

2. You may have moonlight set. If it's set incorrectly this could happen. For now, if it's on, turn it off.

Reply after you've made sure of all this and tell us when your lights should start turning on.

OP
OP
Alex M

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. The time zone is correct and lunar set from 11pm to 9am before the lights turn on/begin ramping up. The lights should start ramping up at 10am but last night the lunar was not working and the lights turned off after a few minutes...I have turned off lunar for now

OP
OP
Alex M

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not come on at 10am. If I open the app and just tap the "control" icon they come on. All three stayed on for a couple minutes and then turned off, but the indicator lights stay on. One solid green and two solid teal/blue.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you have Lunar turned OFF, correct?

I've had the same issue in the past. Was told there was a conflict between my day time schedule and the lunar cycle. But there wasn't. Anyway, just turning off the lunar cycle "fixed" it for me.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Did you try restarting the controller/director? Also try plugging them in manually to see if they remain on. If so, it may be controller and not lights.
One things also to try- unplug everything for 5 minutes. plug back in and reset director and see what it does next. Also reset your router

OP
OP
Alex M

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunar is OFF. They are Hydra26HDs..No controller and each one is plugged into an Apex energy bar separately. I have tried to plug them into an outlet directly and have the same issues, all turn off after a couple minutes. They do not show up on the APEX as IOTA for some reason and everything else plugged in is working just fine.

I have tried unplugging them all and resetting each light. Could it be a fan or power supply issue?

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I open the app, they come right back on for 2-3 minutes
Ok. Try this. Load a different AIP. Download one from AI or wherever. Slide it over so it starts at 10 and see if there is a change.

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AIP is basically your preset/lighting program.

A fan issue could possible cause the main light to shut off but not sure it'd affect all others. I may.

Try this. Download and open with AI app.

Set to your time and see if it stays on.

If that doesn't work you could try making a different light the parent which should eliminate the "bad" light if a power issue causes the shared shutdown.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alex M

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Downloaded a new AIP and same thing happened after a few minutes. How do you change which light is the parent?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Downloaded a new AIP and same thing happened after a few minutes. How do you change which light is the parent?
I believe you have to delete the lights and re-enter them making a given one the new parent

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try it here.

Select devices below in pic one and pic two should come up. Try to change one of the children to a parent.

I have two lights but I don't run them as parent and child. I just copy the Preset over to the other light. This allows me to turn one down a bit based on my corals without affecting the other.
a7d8ca6b305d7cbb8db98fd683231ff1.jpg
99d5a505c5a36fac9c9400b7b0079e3e.jpg

OP
OP
Alex M

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you set up each light so they are not under the child/parent relationship?
I have one on now as parent and a second as a child. They have remained on for the last 10-15 minutes....
Going to try to reset the third and connect in a few minutes....at least 2 seem to be ok at the moment.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you have Lunar turned OFF, correct?

I've had the same issue in the past. Was told there was a conflict between my day time schedule and the lunar cycle. But there wasn't. Anyway, just turning off the lunar cycle "fixed" it for me.

The exact same thing happened to me. Turning it off was the fix. ;)

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you set up each light so they are not under the child/parent relationship?
I have one on now as parent and a second as a child. They have remained on for the last 10-15 minutes....
Going to try to reset the third and connect in a few minutes....at least 2 seem to be ok at the moment.

Have you tried calling Ai’s Tech support?
Phone: (515) 233-5105
Toll Free: (800) 785-0338

OP
OP
Alex M

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all three connected now, but all indicator lights are "teal/blue". They are under a parent/child/child control and I thought one would have a green light... As of now they are all on, will see if they turn off.

I put an email into them and their support line is only open M-F... trying to fix before work tomorrow and a three day vacation after! :( Hope it can get resolved beforehand.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back