AI Prime 16HD burnt out?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an AI prime 16HD and they have been great lights (3 on my 50 gal) but one of them the fan was rubbing and driving me crazy so I replaced it.

upon investigation, 2 of the LEDs are black and seem burnt out? Anyone else have this issue?

All 3 lights have this issue it and it seems to be the 1 Violet and 1 UV channels. The leds still work when testing the individual channels, but curious if anyone else has this issue?

I only run the lights at max 33W and the Violet/UV channels are maxed at 119% and 116% respectively. They can go up to 167% though.

lights are probably 3 years old right now.

image.jpg

FlowGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI prime 16HD and they have been great lights (3 on my 50 gal) but one of them the fan was rubbing and driving me crazy so I replaced it.

upon investigation, 2 of the LEDs are black and seem burnt out? Anyone else have this issue?

All 3 lights have this issue it and it seems to be the 1 Violet and 1 UV channels. The leds still work when testing the individual channels, but curious if anyone else has this issue?

I only run the lights at max 33W and the Violet/UV channels are maxed at 119% and 116% respectively. They can go up to 167% though.

image.jpg
I have 3 as well. I replaced the fan in one of them and currently have another new fan in the box waiting to go in. I had a fuge 16 as well and that one completely craped out a while after I changed the fan on it. I have had no issues with burned out diodes though. I don't run any of my primes above 90% on all channels so I think that is what is saving me from running into this same issue
*Mine are about the same age too. You could contact customer support and see what they can do. I reached out due to a nero 3 breaking and they sent me a new motor within a week. 3 years might be to late for warranty but it doesn't hurt to reach out

FlowGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Have you taken the plastic shield off and looked at the diodes?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back