AI PRIME 16HD Source after cycle? First time on!!

Paulwizal23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished cycle and just turned on lights for the first time. Just bought a Snow Onyx Clown today. Nothing else in tank besides rock, sand. I plan on running Saxby schedule once I get coral and more established populations. Could I start off with Saxby so my tank will be use to the one setting or is their an “acclimation setting” reefers like to start off with? Help and thanks in advance. This is a 25 lagoon IM Tank AIO.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if the primes have an acclimation setting. If so use that to cut lights by 50 % while your tank is getting going.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my tank so that I run not strong lights during the morning, and prime only on SPS during the afternoon to evening and I can say the light causes a lot of algae growth, I would use the acclimation mode and keep the percentage low

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back