Debating changing AI prime schedule (LPS only tank)

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Background: LPS only (no fish), 22Lx15Wx11.5H tank size, single AI Prime 8" up, no 3D Reefing diffuser (had removed it)

I've been running the Saxby schedule at max and my LPS (all on the bottom on disks) just don't have that color pop. I bought some new coral recently and their colors, even with a shipping delay, put my existing to shame :(

I've also noticed some of the coral will close up when the peak is reached but the PAR reading at that point is around 150-175 @ the bottom with flow off...

I've been researching and considering the WWC nano schedule but increased in output (they run a pair)... it has no whites. Any problems with this? Do I need to acclimate my coral in any way or can I just set the new schedule? I like the look of no whites better

I plan to do a PAR reading on the WWC schedule and adjust to match the 150-175 PAR reading. Thanks!

Saxby
IMG_7932.PNG

WWC
IMG_7931.PNG

1.png

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would just Tune the lights to how you like, as long as the corals get a full spectrum they are typically happy. There are people who run zero white. I am the opposite I run medium blues but 100% on whites. At night for 2 hours I do a blue color for pop.

Blues are how you get the fluorescent colors to show though.

OP
OP
D

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just Tune the lights to how you like, as long as the corals get a full spectrum they are typically happy. There are people who run zero white. I am the opposite I run medium blues but 100% on whites. At night for 2 hours I do a blue color for pop.

Blues are how you get the fluorescent colors to show though.
Thank you, can I just change to the new schedule if PAR is equal or lower than current schedule?

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
n I just change to the new schedule if PAR is equal or lower than current schedule?

I would think as long as par isnt wildly different then it would be fine. the corals might take a little bit to adjust but I dont think you would see any real downsides.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back