AI Prime HD - 3D Reefing Diffuser

Steven Kyle branch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got one from Moe. Snapped right into place. Cuts down on the light spilling onto the wall and floor around the tank. With surface agitation still has a great shimmer, without the disco ball effect. Awesome product!!!

Zerobytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got one from Moe. Snapped right into place. Cuts down on the light spilling onto the wall and floor around the tank. With surface agitation still has a great shimmer, without the disco ball effect. Awesome product!!!

I think I asked this in the wrong thread earlier, but which direction do the spikes face?

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any before and after pictures? I’ve got two hydra26hd and will be getting a prime hd soon.

Edit: Saw the link posted has a video.

Just ordered two of them.

Nice!

Last edited:

Damender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received two for my 59 rimless on ai prime HD.

Difference is night and day, I'm running the aquatic life hybrid and my primes sit 8 inches off the water surface, super disco effect to basically none at all. I actually expected the piece at the bottom to be a complete sheet as opposed to a square due to the price, but other than that it really looks great and professional as well as functions perfectly. Viewing the tank from the sofa is so much nicer and you can actually look at the light, well done sir. I'd definitely recommend them.

Thanks Moe! Much appreciated!

MyCrayonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember discovering an article that Reef Builders did on this a while back and wanting one as soon as I could get one. My friends got me into the hobby, so I was still learning constantly, but no one ever mentioned a diffuser for AI lights even though they all had 1 or 2 somewhere in their houses. Ordered 1 for my friend as a birthday gift and afew months later got myself one of each for the Prime and Hydra just so I could have them as well once my lights arrived. Sadly my tank ended up cracking and the diffusers and lights have been sitting in my room still new in box, just waiting for me to finish acquiring the last of what I needed for my next build. With everyone being stuck at home, I finally had the time I've needed to catch up with organizing my reef equipment and etc. Finally opened up the diffusers when I was reminded of them after watching a youtube review. Had an issue with one warping, probably because it was sent durning the hottest time of year. It had been many months since I initially recieved them and honestly thought I was gonna have to take the loss. Hit up 3DReefing and after sending him the pictures he told me he'd have the upgraded replacements sent out asap. Dealt with alot of customer service but having someone who takes care of his customers like that was enough for me to be impressed. Already ordered another 1 and once I have all my stuff together I'll check back and link an unboxing/review. If you wanna see one in the mean time Billy Pipes has one on his channel

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

I have a plastic box roughly attached to my AI Prime HD now with some photographic light diffusion over it. (Opal for any of you filmmakers out there) The spread and shimmer are helped greatly by this but agreed that the PAR and intensity is absolutely effected, if not only a little.

What I'm more interested in is using the 3D Reefing diffuser to block out light spill onto my floor and walls and generally make the viewing experience a bit better. Has anyone had one of the 3D Reefing diffusers or can speak to them as a company/provider? I just found it odd that I couldn't find any threads of people using the diffusers on R2R. I would have thought someone would have picked one or two up by now!

Thanks again!

i have one on my Prime 16 over a IM Nuvo 10. I like it far better than the not having it on the lifetime. You’ll have to increase the power on your light a little but otherwise it’s a good “upgrade” for the might.

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

I have a plastic box roughly attached to my AI Prime HD now with some photographic light diffusion over it. (Opal for any of you filmmakers out there) The spread and shimmer are helped greatly by this but agreed that the PAR and intensity is absolutely effected, if not only a little.

What I'm more interested in is using the 3D Reefing diffuser to block out light spill onto my floor and walls and generally make the viewing experience a bit better. Has anyone had one of the 3D Reefing diffusers or can speak to them as a company/provider? I just found it odd that I couldn't find any threads of people using the diffusers on R2R. I would have thought someone would have picked one or two up by now!

Thanks again!
I know I’m late to this party but, I have them on my 2 hydra 32s. I’m very happy with them, it visually smoothed out the shimmer lines.
It measurably improved the spread of my lights. I have a par meter and the hotspot directly underneath the light went from 400 down to 280 and the low points in the corners of 40 are now 140. Which is a better result than I expected.
Customer image

Customer image

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting one of these for my AI Prime 16 HD. I have problems with the lenses melting and have heard it would help with this.

Question: When you get the diffuser for the AI Prime 16 HD do you remove the stock lens?

ColorMeGone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting one of these for my AI Prime 16 HD. I have problems with the lenses melting and have heard it would help with this.

Question: When you get the diffuser for the AI Prime 16 HD do you remove the stock lens?
I have one coming also and that's a great Question. Do you remove the stock lens?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back