Ai prime hd/t5ho hybrid

  • Thread starter Thread starter Erik2514
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Erik2514

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2014
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Portage, IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im running a 40b that's mostly sps was wondering if two ai prime hds and 4 t5ho would be enough lighting for my tank any thought or suggestions?
 
Definitely. But I would just recommend getting for the money 1 hydra 52 or 2 26s for that price. I had two hydra 26s on my 90 and grew everything.
 
I am currently running 2 AI primes (non HD) over a 40B and have been considering adding 2 T5's once I get my Apex up and running. There is quite a bit of shadowing and disco effect and I think some T5's will help smooth that out. My tank is a mixed reef with about 50% being SPS of some kind (some sticks, lots of monti's, etc.) and I'm getting pretty decent growth with just the AI's but I also think running a pair of T5's during my day time hours will help with growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new