AI PRIME HD

Torch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am new to this form. Also relatively new to the saltwater world. I currently have a IM NUVO 20 and I have one AI PRIME HD in the middle of the tank set up is this effective enough for this tank or should I have another one on the tank? Also at what settings should I have the light or lights at? Thank you guys in advance

Scotty Buttons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I have my prime set up. I've seen many people's schedules that are different then mine, but I like the look of mine and my corals are doing well.

Screenshot_20190614-164613_myAI.jpg

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
708BB632-A609-4C89-AADE-ED9844A6CD2B.png Hello!
Welcome to R2R...
Best of luck to you and your tank(s).
To be as direct and simplistic as possible regarding your lights...
Lighting and how much of it is dependent on a number of variables.
Your water quality is critical in determining how much PAR, and PUR is available for your corals, inverts and algae. Just because you have strong lighting, it does not guarantee that the full intensity of the light will be necessarily available at any given point in time. A PAR meter will illustrate this concept.
Turbidity and gelbstoff are two elements that affect water clarity which, ultimately, lead to the amount of necessary light being delivered, or not, into your tank.
You also have to decide on what kind of corals and inverts you plan on purchasing now and in the near future.
Coral placement within your tank must also be looked at and factored in, when deciding if a single AI Prime HD pendant is sufficient.
By taking the time to address these issues, you will be better apt to get the most out of your light and the decision to add another light, or not, to your Nuvo20 will become more transparent.

OP
OP
T

Torch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. That one AI prime will be plenty for most corals. What are your plans for the tank? What type of corals do you want to keep?

Hey Scotty buttons, I have a Rasta zoa I would like to get a Torch a Duncan I would really like to get some mushrooms

Scotty Buttons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light will work great for any zoas and mushrooms, really all softies and LPS. It'll work for some lower light SPS also. On a nuvo 20 the coverage should be pretty good. Care to post any pictures of your tank? This community loves pictures!

OP
OP
T

Torch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light will work great for any zoas and mushrooms, really all softies and LPS. It'll work for some lower light SPS also. On a nuvo 20 the coverage should be pretty good. Care to post any pictures of your tank? This community loves pictures!

Awesome thank you so much. I am working a full day today but when I get home I will take some pictures and post them.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back