AI Prime or AI Prime HD

buxton.nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running an AI Prime on my IM10 tank. It has been on the tank for over 1 year; no issues and pleased with the light. Are there any compelling differences between it and the HD version that would warrant swapping for the HD, such as more benefit to the tank inhabitants or me?

Thanks!

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends how precise you're trying to dial things in and what you're growing. For most folks, I'd say it's not worth the upgrade, especially if you're not growing SPS and have a small tank. The key features of the HD vs regular are being able to borrow intensity from other channels, so you can actually replicate the Coral AB+ spectrum. You'll also get some additional PAR.

I'm actually having the same debate myself and am leaning towards upgrading because I'm looking for as much PAR and the best spectrum I can get for the acros near the top of my tank, without completely frying the lower light corals that sit 12 inches down on the sand. I've been going back and forth between keeping the regular Prime or upgrading to a Prime HD or Radion X15.

OP
OP
B

buxton.nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ability to borrow intensity from other channels does sound like a great feature. Might have to think about that.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back