Ai Prime Settings

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I know this has been asked at least a thousand times. But I just got some new Ai Primes.I’m running David Saxbys Program at 75%acclimation. Many of my corals seem happy. However, my BTA doesn’t seem to like it at all. It’s now hiding under a ledge. Having some pretty bad cyano issues with this setting as well
Any advice?

FE7B3F77-A735-41B3-83E0-5BD23958D391.jpeg 5BC9C626-F2E5-4900-B0EA-53776DF82136.png

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks new. If so, you can expect some cyano. It should go away as other things grow.
You could try a lights off black out for a day or 2 to see if that kills off the cyano. It likes light and no flow.
The nem will go where it wants so it can be happy.

OP
OP
dylandionysius

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks new. If so, you can expect some cyano. It should go away as other things grow.
You could try a lights off black out for a day or 2 to see if that kills off the cyano. It likes light and no flow.
The nem will go where it wants so it can be happy.

Awesome, really appreciate it. I actually started dosing a bit of nitrates and it seems to have cut down the cyano a lot

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, the default Saxby is designed for a massive bank of Hydra lights which is why the intensity is fairly low (as shown by the low height of the schedule line). If you hold one finger on the graph and swipe up/down with another, you can adjust the intensity. I found that I had to increase the intensity when I had Primes. Looks like you only have two Primes so you may need greater intensity over time. I think the nem will come out once it gets used to the new lighting. Unlike corals, it can move when things change, but should acclimate eventually.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like my Birdsnest is bleaching a little bit from the light. Would BRS AB+ be better?
What lights are you coming from? You could try going to 50% acclimation mode for a bit. If you’re switching from fluorescent to LED, they may just need more time. I’d be surprised if two primes was too much PAR, in the long run.

OP
OP
dylandionysius

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights are you coming from? You could try going to 50% acclimation mode for a bit. If you’re switching from fluorescent to LED, they may just need more time. I’d be surprised if two primes was too much PAR, in the long run.

i was coming from a crappy old Chinese led unit. I’m going to go with a longer acclimation and turndown the whites a bit

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back