Ai52 non hd over 30G

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8457.jpg

My settings over a Innovative marine micro 30 over kill? It’s one foot over tank on a goose neck.?

I do have some bleaching but no deaths. I was running blue violet and royal blue at 75 for about two months but after watching a Sanjay vid went up too a 100 whites Max at 30% and goes down from there

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that tank 12" deep? I think you only need like 50% with that beast.

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with the non hd. What’s your peak wattage?

I go up to 100% power on blue royal blue and violet and UV for a few hours what peak at 30%for about an hour.

It’s just a random YouTube video of him talking about not running lights at 100% and how it did not make sense in comparison too using MH lights combined with T5 as people did for years before led. We have highpars but almost all coral frags are aquacultured many times over so there used to high par.

I like a blue20k look and if I turn down the lights it just does not look as good. With that being said this light can work on a tank double my size no problem but does it really matter tank size wise if corals would still be at same depth or w.e.

Non hd just means I have first gen Ai52 with a director connected to my phone.

The second gen has the WiFi in it and the interface on phone is a little more uptdated I guess.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is about 20inches deep I think it’s more or less 24inch cube all around
You're blasting your corals, man. At least set up a lengthy acclimation period for them to get used to that much sun. People don't realize how powerful LED lighting can be.

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're blasting your corals, man. At least set up a lengthy acclimation period for them to get used to that much sun. People don't realize how powerful LED lighting can be.

Okay thanks for the input I think so too hence why I asked. I did have it acclimate up to 75 for about two months I guess since going up too a 100 I should do it agian

OP
OP
SKYHIGGh

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e2d7885c47e791c027eec6aa1067851b.jpg

Can’t tell from the pics but it’s a beautiful blue crystal clear color that I love. I went ahead and set up up to acclimate for two months at 25% witch puts me back to the 75% I been running for past few months

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 100 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back