AIO 20Gal or Less with Lid

Spiffyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the tanks with the contained lid like the biocube or nanocube. I was debating between the Biocube 32 and JBJ 28 Wifi but my apartment complex limits to 20 gallons. So having to rethink a bit. I understand a Waterbox or the IM 20 are probably a better tank but I like that lid. So options I see are a Biocube 16, Fluval EVO 13.5 or maybe a JBJ Cubey 20?? Not sure how the JBJ is on lights. I plan fish, inverts and some soft corals to start. GS, Xenia, shrooms. Are there any other similar options and if not, out of those three what are the thoughts? Thanks.

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the fluval evo 13.5 and love it so far. It’s my first reef tank. Just wish I would’ve gotten a bigger tank so I could have more live stock and corals . I upgraded my light and took the lid off but the stock light is not bad at all.
4ECC1ACE-06D6-4D89-B9DB-13250E9B3D0A.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Spiffyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to keep things stock for the most part when it comes to lighting. I don't have to buy something then immediately have to modify. I had a 24gal Nanocube and I did perform a few mods on the interior. That sort of thing is a bit fun but I don't want to be required to make those changes to get it working. If that is the case I would just buy something else.

Fishbird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the fluval 13.5. There are many things I love about it. (I’ve also only had it running for the past couple of weeks or so, so my opinion might shift in either direction with time.)

Yesterday was the first hot day of the year and I noticed one of my corals was gaping. I checked the temperature in the tank and it was 2 degrees above where I want it. I do get some direct light on the tank in the morning so I’m blocking that off but I also think I’ll have to go to a screen lid for at least part of the summer just to keep it from overheating.

OP
OP
S

Spiffyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am intrigued by the Fluval 13.5. Just seems quite narrow. My LFS has a JBJ Nanocube 24 gallon. All LED but the older style hood with the two switches. Basically same as the old models that have CFL bulbs but are LEDs. It is quite tempting. Not sure my complex would notice 4 gallon difference lol. Their prices are a bit higher than online though.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 94 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back