AIO tank back filtration

It was really hard to get any kind of effective photo / video. So I measured the top of each water level compared to the display tank elevation.

I'm starting to wonder if the return pump isn't quite powerful enough? I'm still dialing in my ATO, it looks a bit high in the video but I'm shooting for 1/4 - 1'2" waterfall in the return chamber.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4658.MOV
    43.7 MB
  • Screenshot 2025-06-21 072426.png
    Screenshot 2025-06-21 072426.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 64
It was really hard to get any kind of effective photo / video. So I measured the top of each water level compared to the display tank elevation.

I'm starting to wonder if the return pump isn't quite powerful enough? I'm still dialing in my ATO, it looks a bit high in the video but I'm shooting for 1/4 - 1'2" waterfall in the return chamber.
Hi, did you ever remove or mod the baffles? I am looking into the icecap 60. How have you liked it so far?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new