Aiptasia Emergency

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a frag with 1 aiptasia on it, removed from tank and super glued. Now 3 days later the thing has like 10 baby aiptasia on the plug! And by baby I mean like hair follicle thickness.. The coral is a favia so it covers most of the top of the plug and is a new frag...how should I go about this? I do have epoxy and could cover the majority of the babies except like 2 that are literally under the foot of the coral.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to remove the coral from the plug. Unless you could dip the whole thing in peroxide you wont kill the aiptaisa. But that will prob kill the coral.

1stborn4coral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck first of all, I had one aiptasia on a frag and it has been a uphill battle. I put in a peppermint shrimp and he has kept them out of my display, however they just moved to my sump. So, I would either use super glue to plug them or Aiptasia-x. Then get a peppermint shrimp or any of the other aiptasia eating critters and pray they keep it at bay.

1stborn4coral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck first of all, I had one aiptasia on a frag and it has been a uphill battle. I put in a peppermint shrimp and he has kept them out of my display, however they just moved to my sump. So, I would either use super glue to plug them or Aiptasia-x. Then get a peppermint shrimp or any of the other aiptasia eating critters and pray they keep it at bay.
Oh and make sure you get them with the glue or Aiptasia-x when they are open, if they are closed it will do nothing.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and make sure you get them with the glue or Aiptasia-x when they are open, if they are closed it will do nothing.
Sadly seems I may have to refrag the coral then, I didnt want to stress it again since its new but it seems its that or risk these ones spreading further since first gluing didnt stop it

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back