Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20220209_062506.jpg

JoJo56266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do that, out of fear that the clam could ingest the juice. Instead, I would take the clam out and scrape the Aiptasia off. Or, you could touch the Aiptasia to make it retract, then cover it with super glue.
How do you remove the clams foot from the rock in order to remove it. I also have an aptaisia on the clam shell near the mantle. TIA

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you remove the clams foot from the rock in order to remove it. I also have an aptaisia on the clam shell near the mantle. TIA
I actually ended up going with peppermint shrimp which took care of all but just a few I'm trying to determine the best course of action because like you said, I don't wanna hurt the clam
Please don’t use Aiptasia X. That junk doesn’t work it only spreads it more by a factor of 3
For me peppermint shrimp a works well for the small ones and lemon juice for the big ones

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just removed an apt from my clam a few weeks ago and it worked really well. If you're patient this is a good way to do it. What I did was put lemon juice in a syringe. Turn off all of your flow in the display.
Squirted a little bit of lemon juice right over the pest. Let that sit just for a few seconds. Suck it up with a turkey baster and throw away that water. Squirt some more lemon juice at the base of the best. Suck that up after a few seconds. Grab a pair of tweezers and squirt some more lemon juice at the base of the pest. Gently use your tweezers and pull slightly on the anemone. Suck up the lemon juice again with your turkey baster, always throw that water away. You have to alternate between squirting lemon juice at the base, using tweezers to gently pull, and sucking up the lemon juice and throwing away the water. The idea is adventually this aptasia will release its foot and you'll be able to tweeze them right out. If you see anything floating away from the pest suck it up with your turkey baster and throw it away. So it's good to have an old bucket somewhere near you while you're working this. If you're patient you'll get all of it. This isn't for everybody but it worked really well for me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back