Aiptasia on zoa frag

SirDukelll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 very small aiptasias on my zoa frag. The aiptasia are right beside to the polyps. Should i use aiptasia x and risk getting some on the zoa or should i wait?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Syringe is your friend here as it will reach between small areas.
Using kalkwasser powder, mix into a paste with tank water and inject into center core of Aptasia and it will melt away

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I tried to nuke aiptasia that close to zoa polyps I nipped the main polyp mass and melted them. It was a colony of hyper rare nirvana morphs and I'm still not happy about it.

I would maybe try a little bit of super glue over them first, Wont hurt the zoas if you get sloppy. If you can get enough aiptasia X over the aiptasia it also might do the trick. Actually injecting them as tiny as they are means you got some serious surgical skilz :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Last time I tried to nuke aiptasia that close to zoa polyps I nipped the main polyp mass and melted them. It was a colony of hyper rare nirvana morphs and I'm still not happy about it.

I would maybe try a little bit of super glue over them first, Wont hurt the zoas if you get sloppy. If you can get enough aiptasia X over the aiptasia it also might do the trick. Actually injecting them as tiny as they are means you got some serious surgical skilz :)
Actually too many people recently getting superglue on their zoa.
Gel superglue is safer and Most (not all) zoa recover from glue on them. Ive done the syringe method many times with zoa and no hiccups

Lovelydrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a peppermint shrimps do pretty well. Or you could try apstasia x, but be careful around the zoas

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used aiptasia X on mine did not bother the zoas they just closed up for a few days.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bergia nudibranch if your LFS can get them. They ONLY eat aptasia. They’ll starve eventually without them but you can usually pass them off to another local reefer with aptasia. Also they don’t live a super long time anyway so if you’ve got a ton of aptasia think of them as a one shot missile to end the war.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 51 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back