Aiptasia took over….

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when it took over my tank and I’ve had a journey but back on track now after a lot of sh^%
7035717C-1B7F-43BC-A2C9-07FF2F62B892.png
F3BCFF0C-EDC0-47D3-85BD-1C69EA4FE899.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks much better. What did you use to get rid of them? I have quite a lot of aiptasia (although not as bad as yours was). I have a CBB in QT but I’m trying to get it eating frozen food before moving it to the display tank.

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks much better. What did you use to get rid of them? I have quite a lot of aiptasia (although not as bad as yours was). I have a CBB in QT but I’m trying to get it eating frozen food before moving it to the display tank.
Thanks, yea it was ridiculous. A couple peppermints and filefish got the job done

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yea it was ridiculous. A couple peppermints and filefish got the job done
I tried peppermints in my tank but they became a snack for my wrasse. If my CBB doesn’t work out my next attempt will be a file fish.
I tried some chemical methods and it caused it to spread quickly. I’m convinced that a predator is the way to go.

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried peppermints in my tank but they became a snack for my wrasse. If my CBB doesn’t work out my next attempt will be a file fish.
I tried some chemical methods and it caused it to spread quickly. I’m convinced that a predator is the way to go.
Yea and patience. Mine was really bad so I removed the rock and took a torch to the aiptasia but I wouldn’t advise doing that as you lose a lot of beneficial bacteria. Desperate measures though…

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say kalk +2 works wonders though and won’t make it spread. It will nuke them. And my filefish was eating my coral so got rid of it

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back