Aiptasia

heystopthatman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank was going good except for an algea infestation until i noticed a little brown anemone like thing next to my frags. I used aiptasia x and then there were like 5 of them. Tried again, now we are at today with about 25 or possibly more of them. Currently i have no fish or shrimp in my tank. Just 1 clown, what is a cheap solution to combat these guys? Lost around 10 pretty expensive frags to them. Also, taking out over 100lbs of rock and scrubbing it is not gonna work w/me. I just cant do it. I need a cheap solution. Any ideas?

Quick note, i have tons in my sandbed. :/

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll leave the link here for some good options on how to combat aiptasia.

Personally, I find Frank's F Aiptasia is the best for small infestations. Beyond that, you may be looking to do either Peppermint Shrimp or Berghia Nudibranch.

The Nudibranch are more expensive ($15-$25 /Nudibranch and you'd need at least 3), but more effective. The Peppermint Shrimp can eat coral and anemones later on so use at own risk.

Hopefully this is helpful!

OP
OP
H

heystopthatman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll leave the link here for some good options on how to combat aiptasia.

Personally, I find Frank's F Aiptasia is the best for small infestations. Beyond that, you may be looking to do either Peppermint Shrimp or Berghia Nudibranch.

The Nudibranch are more expensive ($15-$25 /Nudibranch and you'd need at least 3), but more effective. The Peppermint Shrimp can eat coral and anemones later on so use at own risk.

Hopefully this is helpful!

Yeah i have 1 ricordea mushroom and 1 bta for my clown which he desperately needs, so i want to use peppermint shrimp but im not so sure. But thanks for this, already lost like all my coral..

Quick question though would this be okay since the clown is territorial of his anemone point being would he be able to just shoo off the shrimp?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back