Air Pump for OR150

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Graz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out how to make sure that everything for the ozone reactor will work.

Given this equipment:
  • Ozotech IQ-40 Air Dryer
  • Ozotech Poseidon 220 Ozone Generator - Black Edition
  • OR150 Ozone Reactor - Reef Octopus
  • Syncra Silent 4.0 Pump (951 GPH) - Sicce
The OR150 says that you need an air pump that provides 5 psi or more. The IQ-40 says that you cannot use an pump to force air in to it. Is there an inline air pump that anyone would recommend to finish out the ozone setup? Obviously I still need tubing and the like.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

Most ozone setups that I've seen use the skimmer air intake to draw air through, as it seems pretty difficult to find an inline air pump or vacuum pump. It looks like you would have to modify the water pump to include a venturi or maybe try a skimmer pump. I did a quick search for "ozone generator air pump" and found a DC12V pump on Alibaba that may work, but some consideration towards cooling the pump may be needed.

I'll have to browse through these forums to see if anyone has done the same type of setup. However, if it were me, I would try to find a cheap used skimmer and us it solely for ozone. That would save me money on buying the reactor and save the headache of piecing together an inline air pump! :)

-Randy

OP
OP
Graz

Graz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend the coralife luft air pump
I believe that I looked at that one and found that it can't be used inline. Since the air drying can't have air pushed into it, that one won't work.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back