air pump question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dtackett
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2015
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
824
Location
Forest, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so im finally starting my 1.5 gallon reef vase. I ordered a duel outlet pump rated for a 65 gallon thinking it would be enough and id be able to adjust it with a gang valve but I just thought about something. im going to have probably 50 feet of air hose between the pump and the vase. is this pump going to be able to push a decent amount of air through all that or do I need a bigger pump? both outlets feed into a splitter and feed a single airline to the tank.
 
so im finally starting my 1.5 gallon reef vase. I ordered a duel outlet pump rated for a 65 gallon thinking it would be enough and id be able to adjust it with a gang valve but I just thought about something. im going to have probably 50 feet of air hose between the pump and the vase. is this pump going to be able to push a decent amount of air through all that or do I need a bigger pump? both outlets feed into a splitter and feed a single airline to the tank.
You should be fine with the pump that you have. As long as their is no air leaks in the line you should be fine. The total volume of air has to build up in the line first before it starts pumping the right amount of air into it which should only take a minute. The pressure from the air pump in the line is not going to be any different therefore your pump should work perfectly. If there was some sort of pressure fluctuation in the line then I would get a little bigger of a pump but it does not sound like and pressure fluctuation is going to occur!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new