akaemu frag tank

akaemu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! This is my first build thread on r2r wishing it was my second. recently I got a tank from @LiveWire for the purpose of a frag tank. It's in addition to my current Red Sea reefer 250. So far I've got a 2x4 stand, an ecotek marine|30 sump, a K2 skimmer and a custom 40 gallon acrylic tank that is 8 inches high. I have on order 2x 2x2ft egg crate as a frag mat, a tube of red 3/4 inch pvc pipe to chop up and use as "feet" under the egg crate and then a frag rack 17 inch classic black from theblueglow @schminksbro. It came with a basic t5 fixture also with built in timer. I ordered a few screw eyes and a hanging kit which should be here tommorow as a rig up. Here are a few pics of the tank/stand/sump.

Let me know any suggestions. So far I've just got the salinity to 1.025 haven't done anything else!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I'll subscribe to this

KorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice start. I don't think you need the horizontal brace in the front. So we can have a better view of the equipment!!!

OP
OP
akaemu

akaemu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a little update. The t5 fixture I bought used and can't figure out what brand it is or find any OEM or after market parts to hang it from the ceiling or mount it on the tank so I Jerry rigged it using some horticulture harness off of amazon and ceiling eye screws. If anybody knows a more appropriate way I'm definitely open to it. I do plan on straightening up the harness if it's going to have to be permanent.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
akaemu

akaemu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a little update. That t5 rig up I did fell in the water and burned up the t5 fixture and a channel of bulbs. I'd advise against it unless you know for sure your in a stud :). 500.00 later here it is

image.jpeg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a little update. That t5 rig up I did fell in the water and burned up the t5 fixture and a channel of bulbs. I'd advise against it unless you know for sure your in a stud :). 500.00 later here it is

image.jpeg
Hahaha! I like the positive thinking! Sorry that happened, but the tank is looking great my friend!

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Nice frag tank! Looks well thought out. Keep us posted.

welcom.jpg

OP
OP
akaemu

akaemu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been about two months. Here is the updates including tunze auto top off nano w/ tunze 7 gallon bucket. A brs reactor and a cheapo jebao wAve maker that replaced a hydro koralia due to its annoying click.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Keep it up

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back