alarm when volume low

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to have the apex notify you when your dosing volume is low based on the information on the module? not necessarily a sensor. I would like to be able to monitor my Kalk bin, but sensors seem to fail to often. thanks

1672261271780.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the (albeit limited) information I found, this has yet to be implemented as a feature (being able to utilize volume remaining).

OP
OP
Heabel7

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the (albeit limited) information I found, this has yet to be implemented as a feature (being able to utilize volume remaining).

That’s a bummer, Seems like a wasted opportunity for the end user.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have asked on the Neptune forum in the past and was told by Russ that it is not possible. Would be cool though. Might be different now as that was some time ago

jaime31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a good and simple feature to have. I came here searching for that exact answer so I can know when my kalk is empty being that it’s logging in how much fluid is running through the DOS.. that feature I assumed was there being that I spent nearly 2k go the whole system @NeptunePaul please update this on the app.

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came here looking for the same thing. Was hoping someone had the code. They have a lot of competition now and just about every wifi doser on the market has this feature. Sometimes its not ideal to use their dos containers with the float switch. I am using it for carbon dosing and moving around carbon dosing solutions to different containers runs the risk of easy contamination.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is just there for graphical knowledge. Even if they show empty, the DOS will still run.

It's so easy to trick the apex into thinking there is a DOS container attached(just plug in a molex connector), I can see how this could easily get messed up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back