Albz waterbox 15g cube build!

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so i decided to do a build thread for this nano cause its an awesome tank and it deserves it!!! So i live in Canada and we dont have waterbox aquariums here just yet but i have a buddy who went and got me it and brought it over here!!! Saltwateraquariums delivered to the niagara falls us address. First one came broken but saltwateraquariums replaced it! So shout out to saltwateraquariums for the great customer service.

So, i was zooming around amazon and came across the biocube 16 stand and it was onsale for 100$ canandian$$ and got it.. it came in, i put my tank on it and that crap was all unsteady! So what a waste of money..do not buy that stand!!! So dissapointed with coralife... what a piece of garbage... anyways. So i decided to build my own stand. I do flooring for living so i ended up having extra hardwood flooring so i used that to build my stand and 2x1.. so ill post pictures of it..

Equitment:
Light- AI Prime HD- cause love the controlling with wifi and very easy to use and a solid light for the livestock im gonna be adding.

Mp10wes- need a clean look in such a small tank so i dont want wires in the tank.

Skimmer- will be adding soon. Thinking of tunze 9001. Or eshop nano.

Stock return pump, again i dont need to much flow for the livestock i am planning.

Planning to also grow some cheato for nutiient export. Love feeding corals and fish so would def need help with nutrient export.

Kaomer wifi dosing pump, so i have this pump but i dont know if ill need it honestly. So might not add it. With me doing waterchanges everyweek and using reef crystals i think that will be more than enough..

Livestock- FISH: 1 Helfrichi firefish, 1 clown, 1 royal gramma..
Hands down the helfrichi firefish is the best looking nano fish out there! Love it.. the clown most likely will be a frostbite clown.. and the royal gramma is an amazing coloured fish! Thats the wifes choice lol.

Im also looking to add one more nano fish so if you guys got any suggestions plz share!!!

Corals- so i have some corals from my old set up, so what im aiming in this tank is lots of shrooms, euphyllias and zoas. Gotta love shrooms! The colours that come wit them! And who doesnt like euphyllias!!! The movement makes the tank actually look alive! And zoas, well thats my fav coral haha...

Anyways, i got some livestock already. But much more to be added day by day! Its summer so kinda slow... here are some pictures.
20180801_190215.jpg
20180801_190215.jpg 20180731_170242.jpg 20180731_170248.jpg

20180731_221452.jpg

20180801_204232.jpg

20180803_214459.jpg

20180804_201828.jpg

20180805_150328.jpg

20180808_203925.jpg

Last edited:

Eris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you're my reef twin! I'm also in Canada and just got the 15g waterbox cube and was going to get the Coralife stand. Now I'm worried about getting it, would you make the stand you have for money?

Eris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you're my reef twin! I'm also in Canada and just got the 15g waterbox cube and was going to get the Coralife stand. Now I'm worried about getting it, would you make the stand you have for money?

jerm_kozac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you measure and let me know what size the rear chambers are? I have looked everywhere online, just can't find it. If I switch to this tank, it would only be to fit a better skimmer in it. Thanks!

Eris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard skimmers are useless in tanks this small- but I'm happy to memasure it for you. Which chamber is for the skimmer do you think? There are 3. One I have my filter sock, the other is my bio media and heater and the other is for the return pump. (from left to right)

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any way now to get a waterbox 15+ in Canada? i feel like im looking everywhere, they dont seem to answer emails or facebook its been a few days. :(

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back