Alerts from multiple Apex units. Which is which?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tcook
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2014
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
8,893
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked through the tutorials but could not find an answer. I have 1 Apex classic and 1 Apex jr currently and will add another Apex classic. I notice that when I get an alarm sent, it says Apex Alarm Fusion: Apex. I can't tell which one sent the alarm. At the apex list in Fusion the classic is listed as "Apex" and the Apex Jr as "apex". I want to change one to "120RR" Is this done in the classic dashboard by putting "120RR" into the hostname slot under Apex Ethernet Setup?
 
On each Apex, just change the Host Name under the Network Setup screen, then reboot the Apex. After that, every alarm notification will list the name you specified. Example:

Apex Fusion Alarm: SuncrestApex
Status: ON
Statement: Output Alert_ATK_HI is on
Date: 2020-12-03 11:56:01 -0800

It will also help you identify each Apex in the Fusion list:

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 1.00.39 PM.png
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new