OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who needs Reef Raft when you have
UCA those colors are amazing and do you buy your corals as colonies and not a 1/2" frag.
Haha in Singapore we usually get our livestock as colonies. For 1/2" frags, we usually get from established reefers within our community

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg One of my favorite monti! The poker star monti:)

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on a peninsula tank as well. How did you handle pump placement in the tank, and do you find than distracting?

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on a peninsula tank as well. How did you handle pump placement in the tank, and do you find than distracting?
Are you referring to the wave makers in the display tank? I have a dual return pump, therefore, 2 separate pipes placed at alternate corners. Since its a L Shape return pipe, its not much of an eye sore.

I run 2 Jebao Wavemakers, alternate corners too. The one at the oyama (overflow box panel) doesn't affect much of the view. Therefore, the only want that blocks the view is the one at my short glass panel..

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the sohal tang. I used to have it long time ago. Hard to find it now.

IxTCxI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How Is your Jebao DP-4 ? I have one but I am afraid to use it from reading some of the review online. Your tank is gorgeous btw.

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the sohal tang. I used to have it long time ago. Hard to find it now.
Yeah, love the stripes and e additional shade of white it gives to my tank. U are right, even in Singapore I don't see it recently too

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How Is your Jebao DP-4 ? I have one but I am afraid to use it from reading some of the review online. Your tank is gorgeous btw.
It's working great for me. Kept my ca and kh in check even during my 3 weeks euro trip. Easy to use and easy to adjust! Most importantly it's cheap. Spoil, it doesn't hurt much to get a new one.

Thanks btw for ur compliments!

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning! I am curious about your filtration system, it seems to be working really well!

I noticed that you run a de-nitrification reactor, I don't know many people in the US that run these reactors, can you tell us more about this and how it is beneficial to you system?

Also the stack of media in your sump, does this get clogged with detritus? How does the water flow through the media, looks like you have a filter pad prior to the bio-balls and it drips down.

Do you run a refugium with algae?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning! I am curious about your filtration system, it seems to be working really well!

I noticed that you run a de-nitrification reactor, I don't know many people in the US that run these reactors, can you tell us more about this and how it is beneficial to you system?

Also the stack of media in your sump, does this get clogged with detritus? How does the water flow through the media, looks like you have a filter pad prior to the bio-balls and it drips down.

Do you run a refugium with algae?

Hey logzor! Thanks for your compliments! I'm glad you guys like it :)

Anyway, i run a nitrate reactor. Basically main element of the reactor is the sulphur balls. It's pretty good. Generally, as I have a mixed reef, I tend to try to have abit of nitrates in my tank. Currently it's about 5ppm. And I know that the reactor is helping me keep it at this level also because the water from the exit measures 0 ppm for nitrates.

For my filtration compartments, I do use a filter wool, have also used a plastic sheet with a lot of holes to achieve e dripping effect. My filter media are packed in laundry bags such that I can remove them easily during Maintainence to remove e detritus. Will also take the opportunity to 'vacuum' e compartments. Usually try to do this every few months:)

I don't keep macro algae in my refugium though. It's gonna get too messy for my breeding clown haha.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what a beautiful view it is. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back