Alex's Mixed Reef from Singapore

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alex, I had the same thing happen to me I switched from prodibio to AF and I got the same diatoms/coral losing colors. I have now been on the AF system for about 2 months, no more diatoms and a lot better coral growth and color. Amazing looking tank and definitely an inspiration!

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alex, I had the same thing happen to me I switched from prodibio to AF and I got the same diatoms/coral losing colors. I have now been on the AF system for about 2 months, no more diatoms and a lot better coral growth and color. Amazing looking tank and definitely an inspiration!

It's good to know that! Well, mine is reaching 3 months. Don't think the colours are coming back much.. Growth wasn't much of an issue. Some of the lower flow area still have sps rtn issues.. Hopefully it will pick up..
Nonetheless thanks for your kind words!!

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, just measured my po4 with a newly bought phosphorus ULR Hanna checker. Got a 0.036 reading :) looks sorb4 is really reliable.

image.jpeg

Then it got me thinking of e Red Field ratio theory.
Well, is there a possibility low po4 affects dropping of no3, instead of the usual no3 0 and therefore it's hard to drop po4?

My sorb4 outlet feed straight into my sulphur reactor.. Which means e water inside my reactor will most likely be 0 after sorb4. without po4, will it be a possibility that no po4 to feed the bacteria in my nitrate reactor and that's why it's not effective?

What do you guys think?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YEP!

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, very awesome looking clam. is it white color?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back