Algae all of the sudden

Alfredomeinhardt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2021
Messages
198
Reaction score
45
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 gallon AIO tank that has been up for about 8 months.

I struggle a little bit with the parameters but now they all seem to be stable.

The water has been crystal clear all the time. I’m running a UV sterilizer and a roller mat and it has been great.

A couple of weeks ago I introduced a Golden head goby and ai noticed the water started have suspended particles, which I assumed was caused by the goby sand sifting.

The problem now is that I started to have a lot of brown algae all over the place and sludge on the cables and pumps, which I didn’t have before.

Any suggestions?
 
pictures in white light and your test results is going to help a lot to encourage responces...
 
20260516_195132_D463BA84-865B-4FCB-A84E-F759759D85D6.png
 


 
I would get a filter pad or some mechanical filtration, thats a lot of debris flying around inside the tank.
I would get more snails and algae grzers, I think I saw only a couple of snails.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new