algae and coral troubles

bri.reffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i had 0 algae, i wanted some sort of algae but now its over run. and my 1 turbo snail barely moves. can anyone identify the alage in the back of my tank.

and is anyone experienced with goniporia theres a hollow hole that sometimes appear mid day the turbo snail did knock it over when it was placed high

IMG_1926.jpeg IMG_1924.jpeg IMG_1923.jpeg IMG_1922.jpeg IMG_1927.jpeg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it's in the back corner of the tank, I'm guessing it's an area of little to no flow. You need to adjust your powerheads/wavemakers to get some more flow back there. Kinda looks like dinos, but hard to tell. Does it get worse during the day and clear up after the lights have been off for a bit?

Regarding the goni, looks like you're missing an arm. Hopefully it's not a sign of die-off. Looks like you have it in a good spot, as I recommend keeping them on the bottom, but off the sand. If you post your params, that will help. IME, gonis like dirtier water. I have gonis that have gone from smaller than yours, to the skeleton being the size of a softball.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back