Algae and weird white dot ID?

saltwatercube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0546.jpeg

This is my four month old tank. I have 2 clowns a firefish, 2 turban snails, a turbo snail, and 2 hermit crabs. I dosed copepods about two months ago.

I really struggled with diatoms for so long and they're finally scaling back, but now there this neon green algae and these white dots dusting the place. There's also been random spots of dark green (like you can see on the sand bed).

I had a problem with low phosphates for a long time (zeroed out) and I check with the Hanna checker, but now my phosphates are at .11 as the highest reading ever. Have not added livestock since February. Fish and inverts are all fine, healthy, eating, and show no signs of distress. I test weekly for every parameter and have a log for every week if you would like, but they are all within good range.

Do a weekly 25% WC with RODI water and have tested for TDS to rule that out as a diatom causing problem. I had a problem with my refugium in the back where the chaeto got sucked through the filter and dispersed through the tank, so if you see green stringy stuff (like on the snail) that's chaeto I am still trying to battle.

The white dots are especially concerning. Any ID would be appreciated.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back