• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Algae Barn - Shipping tiny Peppermint shrimp.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 2x 3 each peppermint shrimp. $32 each... that's 6 for $64. I paid overnight, an additional $45. Expensive, but the other option was free 3 day shipping. On live shrimp? In this heat? It'd be shrimp soup.

Received 2 of the trademark pint plastic jars -w- tin lids, plastic heat sealed under the lid. Bit of plastic mesh in each jar to help with stress during shipment. Cool pack, well insulated... arrived before 11am. So far so good.

Started looking at the shrimp. Not so great. Doesn't say anything about size, but these are tiny. Biggest two are maybe 3/8". Smallest two could have been brine shrimp. Seriously. I had to get my reading glasses to even spot the little specs in the jar. Very likely they didn't make it through the first couple of hours in the tank. I acclimated them, released them while I was feeding the fish... saw at least a couple of them make the rocks, but I'm fairly convinced that I'll never see any of them again. Snack food... that's what I got. A one hundred dollar fishy snack.

Ad says "These peppermint shrimp are captive-bred, completely reef-safe, and will consume nuisance Aiptasia anemones." Guaranteed 100% arrive alive.

Gonna be tough to consume aiptasia after they've been eaten. Not like I've got a bunch of active shrimp hunting fish, I don't, but seriously. There's not a fish in the sea that wouldn't eat a little morsel like these. I'm quite unhappy. Waste of a hundred bucks. I understand not getting all full grown adults, but we're not talking juveniles here, we're talking nauplii.

OP
OP
Greybeard

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 days, no response? Not even worth commenting on?

Where you at, @AlgaeBarn ?

OP
OP
Greybeard

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though I never got a response here, Algae Barn gave me store credit for the tiny shrimp they shipped me. Not ideal, but it's something.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Though I never got a response here, Algae Barn gave me store credit for the tiny shrimp they shipped me. Not ideal, but it's something.
Hi there! I do apologize we missed your notification. We do have shipping sizes listed on all of our inverts and fish under the care requirements for that animal. If you ever have an issue please send us a DM and we would be happy to get you taken care of! :)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back