Algae clips/cages and Eurobrace

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
950
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only difficulty I have with a Eirobrace is putting algae clips/cages in. They don't float if you drop them and reaching under the Eurobrace is a big pia. Maybe someone has worked out a solution for this? Or does everyone just struggle like me?
 
The only difficulty I have with a Eirobrace is putting algae clips/cages in. They don't float if you drop them and reaching under the Eurobrace is a big pia. Maybe someone has worked out a solution for this? Or does everyone just struggle like me?
Can you tie some fishing line on the end?
 
The only difficulty I have with a Eirobrace is putting algae clips/cages in. They don't float if you drop them and reaching under the Eurobrace is a big pia. Maybe someone has worked out a solution for this? Or does everyone just struggle like me?
Can you tie some fishing line on the end?
That's a good idea! Fish it out!
 
I made this one from an old Algaefree magnet set. I glued some TLF clips on there and it stays above water and I just slide it in and out to load it.

Algae cli[.jpg
 
I made this one from an old Algaefree magnet set. I glued some TLF clips on there and it stays above water and I just slide it in and out to load it.

Algae cli[.jpg
Yeah I may have to jerry-rig something. I'd love a magnetic clip that can attach topwise to the Eurobrace. Doesn't look like anyone has invented one of those yet!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new