Algae ID confirmation (microscope images too)

beesnreefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2020
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
1,215
Location
Firestone
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been battling this hairy algae for months now and I’m starting to doubt my original diagnosis. At first I was certain this is GHA but having fought with it hard for so long I’m starting to wonder if it’s something else.

Here is a video of some under whites on my rock: https://youtube.com/shorts/Nbh-RUbITzk?feature=share

And images of a sample under a microscope at 100x magnification:

54D1942A-6481-4BB7-A1D2-F6D57E1E987E.jpeg


Soooo…is this GHA? Or something else?
 
Lots of people have had success with flucanazol or you can do the @brandon429 method. Yours really isn't as bad as most based on the video.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new