algae? id help please

  • Thread starter Thread starter RCRed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RCRed

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Manchester, UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New reefer here, 2.5ish month old tank, i’m currently on holiday and it grew fairly quickly in around 1-3 days so this camera is all of the footage that I have of it, but can anyone help me id the long flowy (algae?) thing, it doesn’t really look like any of the usual ones I see but i am inexperienced, it breaks off at around 2:42 too, but a new part has since come/grown into view a day later. Thanks.

 
Last edited:
Are you able to post a full tank shot with white lights?
 
New reefer here, 2.5ish month old tank, i’m currently on holiday and it grew fairly quickly in around 1-3 days so this camera is all of the footage that I have of it, but can anyone help me id the long flowy (algae?) thing, it doesn’t really look like any of the usual ones I see but i am inexperienced, it breaks off at around 2:42 too, but a new part has since come/grown into view a day later. Thanks.

I’m not a expert by any means but it kind of looks like Dino’s to me, I had some of that brown long stringy algae and dosed my nitrates up (they were bottomed out) and it all went away! Make check your nitrate and phos when you get home and see if
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new