Algae ID + snail question

gustavviklund

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of algae is this? It's not really a problem but I'm wondering what CUC-member is best suited for this type of algae.
IMG_5316.jpeg

IMG_5317.jpeg

IMG_5318.jpeg

It's also all over the sand bed, so I added 2 Babylonia snails and 4 nassarius yesterday but they haven't really been moving around much. Some of the nassarius have moved around in and then rested but the babylonias have only moved like 10 cm In 24h. Is this how much they normally move?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's also all over the sand bed, so I added 2 Babylonia snails and 4 nassarius yesterday but they haven't really been moving around much. Some of the nassarius have moved around in and then rested but the babylonias have only moved like 10 cm In 24h. Is this how much they normally move?
I'm not sure what algae you're dealing with here (nuisance algae isn't my strong point - maybe diatoms?), but it's not going to feed either Babylon Snails or Nassarius Snails - they're bother meat-eating scavenger types, not herbivorous algae-eating types, so if you're not feeding the tank much, then you'll want to make sure they're getting food that reaches the bottom of the tank for them to feed on.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back