Algae ID

austin_socal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Messages
418
Reaction score
165
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Can someone ID this algae on my sandbed and rocks?
TIA :)

IMG_2581.jpeg
 
Also diatoms should fade away on their own as they drain the silicates out of the tank. If they keep reaccuring then I would suggest using RODI water and try to lower your phosphate (if its high) and then doing a blue out which is just keeping the lights on heavy blue. It worked like a charm for me and they were gone within 2 weeks or so when I had an outbreak.
 
Awesome thank you. Thought I heard diamond gobies might eat them
Diamond gobies mostly just shift the sand around and stir up the sandbed which helps get rid of diatoms faster but I dont think they will actively look for it and eat it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new