Algae ID

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting. Its like miniature hornwort growing in my carpeting halimeda. I dropped a hand full of ceriths and an Astraea snail in the middle of it and they didn’t want it. Any ideas? Its on the darker side of the tank, but that may be a coincidence.

20211014_003326.jpg
20211014_002613.jpg
20211014_002442.jpg

OP
OP
ClownWrangler

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s bryopsis

Thanks, that was my first thought, but I tossed a lettuce nudubranch on it and it just crawled away. They are supposed to love that stuff. I also have a few elephant slugs in another tank, do you think they will munch on it. Id rather not risk killing my macro algae with chemicals.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that was my first thought, but I tossed a lettuce nudubranch on it and it just crawled away. They are supposed to love that stuff. I also have a few elephant slugs in another tank, do you think they will munch on it. Id rather not risk killing my macro algae with chemicals.
With nudibranch you will need at list 2, 3 is ideal. It works the same way as the berguia nudibranch with aptasia. Only one won’t do an impact on your algae, you need them to be multiplying in your tank to see results. Not sure about the elephant slug

OP
OP
ClownWrangler

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With nudibranch you will need at list 2, 3 is ideal. It works the same way as the berguia nudibranch with aptasia. Only one won’t do an impact on your algae, you need them to be multiplying in your tank to see results. Not sure about the elephant slug

Are you sure its briopsis? All the pictures I see of it are like flat feathers wheras this is cylindrical in shape. Either way I could just sacrifice that patch of halimeda.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back