Algae ID.

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About to move this tank, but want to figure out what algae this is.

I’m sorry ab my tang. I’m not kidding , he literally flies infront of the camera wherever I go.
I think it’s dinos.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tang appears to be developing HLLE around the eye area which eventially follows the lateral line
The algae appears to be turf algae and becomes turf due to lack of algae cleaners and heavy white intensit. Best is to scrub it off outside the tank in a container of tank water with a firm toothbrush OR add pincushion or pencil urchins, ninja star snails, astrea snails and carribean blue leg hermits
For HLLE, step up the diet which is often a lack of diet and vitamin deficiency which causes this.
Foods:
-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tang appears to be developing HLLE around the eye area which eventially follows the lateral line
The algae appears to be turf algae and becomes turf due to lack of algae cleaners and heavy white intensit. Best is to scrub it off outside the tank in a container of tank water with a firm toothbrush OR add pincushion or pencil urchins, ninja star snails, astrea snails and carribean blue leg hermits
For HLLE, step up the diet which is often a lack of diet and vitamin deficiency which causes this.
Foods:
-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health
I’ll look into a better CUC

Understood , yeah he was a captive bred YT and the LFS , won’t say who but all 20 YT they had there were pretty rough. Surprised mine turned out the way it did.
i agree on the healthy diet, I am feeding 50/50 frozen, arcti pods, and nori, sometimes he eats pellets

This was him a while ago.

Attachments

• 253460CC-239E-4336-A67E-51709C32C853.jpeg
    253460CC-239E-4336-A67E-51709C32C853.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 19

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back