- Joined
- Jul 23, 2022
- Messages
- 42
- Reaction score
- 4
- Location
- Portland
- What state or country do you live in
- Oregon
How to salvage?
My All4Reef dosing stopped for a few weeks and alk crashed below 7. Regretfully this was about the same time I got a little carried away with gfo and lowered phos from 0.15 to 0.05 in about 3 days. Too fast it seems (zoas also got ticked). Aside from obvious “don’t chase numbers” and “make changes slow” advice, can anyone advise on how to salvage after the damage is done?
My monti has some dead tissue and some live tissue. I’d love to propagate the live parts and eventually get back to a pretty coral. Algae has taken over the dead zones and it appears to be advancing.
Think I can frag it and propagate?
Dip in something like iodine while I work? I’ve heard of peroxide, but never tried it.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Jeremy

My All4Reef dosing stopped for a few weeks and alk crashed below 7. Regretfully this was about the same time I got a little carried away with gfo and lowered phos from 0.15 to 0.05 in about 3 days. Too fast it seems (zoas also got ticked). Aside from obvious “don’t chase numbers” and “make changes slow” advice, can anyone advise on how to salvage after the damage is done?
My monti has some dead tissue and some live tissue. I’d love to propagate the live parts and eventually get back to a pretty coral. Algae has taken over the dead zones and it appears to be advancing.
Think I can frag it and propagate?
Dip in something like iodine while I work? I’ve heard of peroxide, but never tried it.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Jeremy
