Algae on fire shrimp...

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a fire shrimp that has moved to the top of a rock instead if hiding in his cave. This is all cool but now he has algae growing off his shell. This is not growing anywhere else in the tank. I have aglae eaters like tangs and a lawnmower but he sits there with this algae growing on his back. Any way to get this off him? I repeat, no other algae in the tank.

20180203_191628.jpg on

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting . Has the shrimp molted for You ? Doesn't do much at showing off it's colors but still looks unique/ cool ! Does it still eat well? The fact that he moved from it's usual place might mean something. How long ?

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their was another thread on here with a cleaner shrimp. He is attempting to molt/ ready to molt but their isn’t enough iodine in the tank. I would try and dose some iodine and he should molt shortly their after.

OP
OP
bdejong1112o

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has molted once and I test and down iodine already.

He eats fine and is actually an active cleaner for my desjardini tang. He seems.perfextly content living on top of the rock. He just has a hairy shell. Neither the coral.banded or my actual cleaner shrimp have this going on.

Where he likes to sit does get a fair amount of light. Need to get a shrimp cleaner cleaner. Lol

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%

Back