Algae problems driving me off the wall

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up everyone, need some help on my reefer350 the tank has been up and running for exactly 3 months today. I’ve been dealing with the ugly stage but real bad. Now I’m having some hair algae like crazy within 5 hours of changing my socks they are clogged already. Some of my corals I saw closed up today I will attach my parameters down low. I also have 2 cleaner shrimps and two sallylite crabs. And just one clown fish since my tank had got ich and whipped out the there live stock even tho the fishs were QT, the clown survived it’s been a month since the whip out. My sand bed within 2 days will get covered with red like algae that then turnes green I brushed off a rock that had algae but within 5 days that same rock gets the hair algae right back. I do do weekly 10% WC. Also for sure I know lighting has to do w it because where ever there’s no light there’s no algae but I do have corals so I can’t just black it out MY Ro water in the reservoir reads 1tds my nitrates also took a big dive idk if the algae consumers nitrates or what but I took a high dive does anyone recommend dosing nitrates?

Ph: 8.0

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 5

Calcium: 460

Phosphates: 0.03

KH: 10 DKH

Mg: 1410

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The algae is probably consuming the nitrates and phosphates. This means that your nutrients are probably higher than what you’re measuring.

What are you feeding, how much, and what frequency?

If you posted some pics, that might be helpful as well. It sounds like you might have a few things going on.

OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The algae is probably consuming the nitrates and phosphates. This means that your nutrients are probably higher than what you’re measuring.

What are you feeding, how much, and what frequency?

If you posted some pics, that might be helpful as well. It sounds like you might have a few things going on.
I only have 1 fish so o feed flakes 1s a day

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back