Algae Reactor Light Bar?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know where I can find the LED light bar for the Algae Reactors? Want to purchase an extra for my 3181 to get equal lighting once the chaeto stops spinning and I haven’t been able to find anyone who sells the part by itself.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeff, I got your email as well. Please keep in mind we have tested additional lights and found minimal gains, it is possible, you need parts 8831.100, 5012.010, 6250.510, 3181.103. From our testing an additional light will only result in approximately a 10% increase in growth rate.

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Jeff, I got your email as well. Please keep in mind we have tested additional lights and found minimal gains, it is possible, you need parts 8831.100, 5012.010, 6250.510, 3181.103. From our testing an additional light will only result in approximately a 10% increase in growth rate.

Thanks much! Also good to know that the cost only yields minimal benefits.

Do you have any tips to keep the cheato turning, as well as to keep it on the bottom of the chamber, mine keeps floating to the top?

kml505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks much! Also good to know that the cost only yields minimal benefits.

Do you have any tips to keep the cheato turning, as well as to keep it on the bottom of the chamber, mine keeps floating to the top?
Yes, surprised the gain is only 10%. Great info. what works for me is harvesting them so theyre not too bulky and stretching them out lengthwise of the reactor to thin them out a bit.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Floating is usually from either the pump taking in air from a nearby drain or skimmer and the bubbles causeing the chaeto to float, or the, flow rate is too high. Spinning is not terribly important, it is best if it spins but it can turn a few times a day and do fine, it is more important it is not floating and blowing out of the reactor. I would reduce the flow rate and wait for the spinning, most of the time spinning comes with the chaeto growing in and becoming more dense.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back