Algae Scrubber. Can you go too big?

JWsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JWsticks thank you for the input .Yes it is. Apex fuge light. I was going over my ATI ICP logs as well as I dose Reef moonshiners program for the last 3 months. One thing that stood out big time is that I have not been dosing enough Iron and Magnanesse daily which most likely slowed / stoped the cheato growth. As growth was off the hook just six weeks ago and has not picked up since last harvest.
Awesome tank log and hope the iron additions address your issue. If you ever want to increase export further via the refugium, think about a higher wattage LED.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a diy 2 10x10 sheets with a 40 watt menards led grow light in between the two screens so they are only lit on one side each . This is for my 125g with 30 gallon sump. Tried to run close to ocean water but at 0 x0 dinos show up . I have cut back to one screen . So far phosphates are at .03. I have a hanna low range nitrate checker on the way.
My corals look alot better with the higher nutrie
16453825173688611665745693913369.jpg
nts. That is all I have in my sump skimmer went off line a month ago.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back