Algae scrubber

The surf scrubber does not grow red/brown turf algae. I know many people with it and have used mine daily for 10+ years. Never saw red/brown algae.
Scrubbers shouldn’t be growing hair algae either. It should develop and grow its own type of algae

The surf grows a bright green form of sea lettuce / ulva I believe. It grows faster than chaeto and hair algae and has more nutrient capacity - I’ve read anywhere from 3-5x depending on the source
1B8C0CD2-60AD-4881-8D77-E5E8B52CA3FC.jpeg
643A7B62-6E95-4926-8D90-B412FC0A8F3C.jpeg
9956B900-1DFB-4EB5-9D0C-1A963CF3165E.jpeg
My foxface absolutely loves that stuff.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new